What is a blackhead?
When dirt, oil, and dead skin cells get trapped in the pores, they form a comedo. It’s a type of blemish that forms a bump on the skin and becomes a blackhead once it is oxidized by getting exposed to air, also causing it to get a darker hue.
Blackheads are generally normal and not as uncommon as people may think. A lot of people consider them dirty and unpleasant, thus many people look for easy and effective ways to permanently remove them. There are a few proven effective ways to effectively remove blackheads.
Check out these products to see which one is the best blackhead remover for you.
Blackheads usually form on the nose, cheeks and under the chin, making it so easy for others to see (unless you slather makeup on top of it, which isn’t really a healthy option). Pore strips work by sticking the blackheads on some type of gentle adhesive that is applied to the skin.
- Once a pore strip is removed, it takes along with it the dirt, dead skin cells and blemishes like whiteheads and blackheads on your skin.
- It’s a quick and easy way to remove dead skin cells.
- Pore strips simply work exclusively by removing blackheads and does not really keep them from coming back.
“A holistic skin care is important to prevent the development of a comedo. “
Admittedly, there are a lot of facial masks available on the market, but for blackheads, clay facial masks can do the trick.
- Clay masks absorb and prevent the production of excess oil which often leads to the development of blackheads.
- Aside from that, clay masks also provide deep cleaning of the skin, removing dirt and oil.
- It also helps remove blemishes like whiteheads and blackheads.
- Unlike pore strips that cannot remove blackheads in a snap, masks tend to get rid of them much longer.
- But considering how they take out blemishes and promote healthier skin, a clay mask can definitely be an effective beauty partner.
Salicylic acid is an excellent partner for exfoliation and deep cleansing.
- Its molecular size allows it to stay longer in the pores, and do it’s the purpose of thoroughly cleaning the skin.
- It can be a reliable solution to blackhead removal, especially if you’re aiming for long-term results.
- Choosing a product with salicylic acid can be tricky, but products with 2% of this type of phenolic acid can greatly improve your skin, especially for everyday use.
- Like facial masks, salicylic acid also does not remove blackheads in one go.
- You’ll have to wait for a few days to weeks to completely get rid of blackheads.
While microdermabrasion was initially solely performed by dermatologists, there are microdermabrasion machines on the market that can bring the same effective results. Essentially, what it does is provide deep exfoliation and efficient removal of blemishes.
- Microdermabrasion works by using a vacuuming motion to remove excess oil, dead skin cells, dirt and blemishes such as blackheads and whiteheads.
- It cleanses, and thoroughly exfoliates the skin before tightening the pores to prevent breakouts.
- It generally leaves the skin smoother and softer, and even reduces the appearance of acne scars.
- It sometimes causes redness on the skin which may take a few hours to get rid of.
- Requires a thorough understanding of instructions and careful execution to get impressive results.
Which blackhead remover works for you?
While it is true that beauty products work differently for every person, the products mentioned above are some of the most reliable ones available in the market. They usually work on all skin types and rarely have adverse effects on users.
These products can work effectively for general mild to moderate blackheads. But if you have serious cystic acne and develop severe blackheads, it would be best to talk to a doctor for a more in-depth and holistic solution.
Before using any of these products, it’s best to do more research on them first. Consider your skin type, skin issues, and product functions first, before purchasing anything at a store or online. Once you finally make your purchase and find the best blackhead remover for you, make sure to commit to it to see it’s optimum results.